This page is created by the IFF Research Working Group (IFFRWG).
The IFF Research Group is a group of Feldenkrais practitioners and trainers with research backgrounds, committed to supporting the value of scientific knowledge in supporting and disseminating the significance of the Feldenkrais Method for improving human lives.
- Promote research into the Feldenkrais Method
- Encourage the engagement of the Feldenkrais professional community with academic research
- Coordinate a network of Feldenkrais practitioners who are interested in the scientific understanding of what they do
- Encourage academic researchers to study how the method is efficacious
- Gain recognition that the Feldenkrais Method offers models for exploration and research in academic disciplines concerned with the human experience of learning and development
- Support both outcomes-oriented research and basic research into mechanisms of action of the Feldenkrais Method
- To create an active and globally operating networking forum to support research in the Feldenkrais Method with online and live events.
- To facilitate meetings and exchange, research cooperation and fundraising
- To support participation in scientific conferences
- To enable publication on research with and at the Feldenkrais Method and further training for Feldenkrais teachers on scientific topics.
We are dedicated to gathering and showcasing high quality research publications, books and case studies around the Feldenkrais Method®. This page is intended as an easily accessible and „up to date“ point of reference for the interested public as well as source of inspiration for practitioners of the method and scholars interested in adding to the shared body of knowledge through their own research.
It invites posts referencing „fresh” publications and research projects as well as hints to „classics” that could serve as blueprint and inspiration for new investigations. Each item should contain a brief description of the topic together with a link to the original source. Confining to one issue per post allows for sharing additional references and related conversations in the comments. To ensure quality, the postings to the page are moderated.
For general information on Dr. Moshe Feldenkrais, the modalities of the Feldenkrais Method® as well as the institutions that help to organize the international community of Feldenkrais practitioners, have a look at the homepage of the International Feldenkrais Federation. If you are looking for a certified Feldenkrais Practitioner near you, please contact the Feldenkrais Guild in your country of origin.